Sometimes I Feel Like a Piece of Bologna

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

DRNs Not a Surefire Solution



I read an interesting post today by a Facebook friend, Katy McKenna, at Fallible.com.  Sometimes when I start feeling whiny and sorry for myself because of the pressures I’m under, I find it helpful to read about those who have it even harder.

At this point in time, I’m only responsible for my mom, and she’s still pretty self-sufficient. A few years ago I had her and my step-dad, but since 2007, I’ve actually had it pretty easy. Comparatively.

Katy, on the other hand, has responsibility for both her mother and her mother-in-law, both in different nursing homes. She tells a poignant story of the complexity of dealing with DNRs (Do Not Resuscitate orders) and in the process, gave me a lot of information I didn’t know. I hope you’ll read her post and share your own experiences with us. Together, we learn from one another. 

Photo Courtesy of flickr.com/photos/nmcmanus

Labels: , ,

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home