Sometimes I Feel Like a Piece of Bologna

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Resurrection Day!


It’s been such a busy week. We spent from Monday through Thursday at Mom’s. She had four doctor appointments in four days, including one where he took four biopsies for possible skin cancers. Her other appointments went well, and we should be able to decrease some medications. Good news! In addition, we celebrated her 88th birthday with dinner, flowers, and gifts. We had pouring rain both directions, which added to the tension and exhaustion. We arrived home Thursday night and DS and DIL arrived Friday night, after stopping off to take Grandma to dinner.

We spent the day cooking and preparing for our guests tomorrow. It’s such fun having a daughter to help in the kitchen. Our chatter made the work go faster and I loved having another woman to give me a second opinion. The guys did guy things outside and weren’t much help until dinner. Then we renewed one of our favorite traditions – family cooking night.

We try to do a family cooking night each time the kids come. It gives us a project to do together, allows us to make a more elaborate menu than I might make alone, and teaches them some cooking skills. Add a marguerita and it’s great fun. Tonight we had one of DS’s favorites – fiesta chicken, rice, and salad. We all shared the load and lots of laughter while cooking.

Now the table is set, all of the advance preparations have been made, and we are about ready for bed. Tomorrow is Resurrection Day. He is risen indeed! We will go to church and then have a dozen people for dinner. I wanted Mom to come home with us, but she stayed home to celebrate with my brother.

I wish you the joyous reality of the resurrection and new life in Christ.

3 comment(s):

Happy Easter! I'm glad your mother had a good report from the doctor and a nice birthday.

It is nice having a daughter in the kitchen. Mine is actually getting to where she cooks better than I do.

By Anonymous Elizabeth, at 11:04 PM  

How I wish you posted more often! Of all the folks on my blogroll, you're the one I can relate to the most.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:11 AM  

Thanks. I appreciate your support. I'll try to post more often, but as you know, by the end of the day...

By Blogger Pat, at 10:11 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home