Sometimes I Feel Like a Piece of Bologna

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Do You Feel your Age?


I’m always amazed at how young I feel. Although my 62 year old body doesn’t always cooperate, mentally I’m about 35. I find myself confused a lot because my goals and plans are never in sync with my life-stage. I still can’t figure out how I’m old enough to have a 26 year old, even though most of my friends are grandparents. I struggle with work because my goals are those of a person whose whole career lies ahead while I’m on the declining end. And of course, I started grad school a couple years ago. Yep, I’m confused.

Mom is the same way. She still thinks she’s 50 and regularly threatens to drive to Kansas or Idaho or some other place she has friends. Of course, at 89 she barely makes it the bank or Bible study. She gets so frustrated that her body won’t cooperate with her mental age.

I ran across an article that suggests we aren’t unique. Paul Briand at Boomer Angst writes that his perceived age is a lot younger than his drivers license age. What about you? How old are you and how old do you feel?

Photo courtesy of iStockphoto.com

Labels: ,

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home