Sometimes I Feel Like a Piece of Bologna

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Christmas Preparations

I’ve been sick since Nov. 22. I have some sort of cold/URI (doc thought it was pneumonia) that I can’t shake, even after two rounds of antibiotics. I was sick through Thanksgiving and still feel absolutely awful. In fact, it feels as if it’s getting worse again. I was supposed to go to Mom’s for another round of her doctor appointments this past week, but canceled. She certainly doesn’t need to catch this, and I honestly didn’t have the energy to go. She went to one on her own and I rescheduled the rest for a couple of weeks from now when we are there for the family Christmas. Hope I’m better by then!

Despite feeling at about 50%, we decorated the tree and much of the house today That has to be one of my least favorite tasks, followed only by UNdecorating the house after Christmas. Decorating was never a favorite activity, but when Son was home, there seemed to be a reason for it. Now with an empty nest, it seems, well… empty. We have cut back a lot, but still want it to be “home” when Son and DIL arrive on the 26th. And of course, once it’s done and the boxes are back in storage, I like the fruit. Just not the process. So, Lord willing, tomorrow we’ll finish the process and begin to enjoy the fruit.

Labels: ,

2 comment(s):

Poor dear! Feel better soon. Home will be just as cozy and welcoming even if every single decorations and trimming is not on display. Your son wants to see YOU! You are Christmas to him. Enjoy and rest up.

By Blogger Sandy, at 9:58 AM  

Thanks, Sandy. You're right, of course. I'm feeling a bit better, but still only about 75%. I thought I'd be much better by now. House is also about 75%, but hubby has been shopping and that's at about 75% as well. I guess I'm in good shape. I finished my final today, so can concentrate on Christmas for the next two weeks. Blessings!

By Blogger Pat, at 9:33 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home