Sometimes I Feel Like a Piece of Bologna

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers’ Day, Gen Sandwichers. It’s been another interesting week here. Last week Mom fell in a parking lot and sprained her ankle quite badly. (At least she didn’t break a hip, which has been my concern for her.) Somehow she managed to drive herself home and a few hours later to the ER. She called my sister, who lives closest to her. Sis offered to pick her up, but Mom drove herself home and managed to get into the house. Sis emailed me, mad at Mom for not calling and the hospital for allowing her to drive home. I forwarded the emails to the brothers and by morning there was a plan in place. Brother #1 went over for the day, got her settled, and called in an evaluation. Brother #2 arranged to take vacation time for the week and arrived Friday night. He’s there for the week. Bless him!

She’ll see the doctor on Tuesday. Then we need to figure out the next step. Unfortunately, hubby and I have reservations to travel to the east coast during the couple of next weeks for a graduation. It seems that every time there’s a family emergency, I’m traveling! Fortunately, others have been willing to step up to the plate.

We still have to figure out what to do when Brother #2 has to go back to work before I return home. I’m not sure she’s safe to stay home alone, even though that’s her choice. Will I have to be the decision maker – again? I feel smooshed…

Labels: , ,

2 comment(s):

Oh... sorry to hear these.

How is your mom doing?

How are you doing today?

By Blogger Liza on Maui, at 11:34 PM  

Hi Pat,

I hope your Mom's felling much better. I arrived at your blog while researching caregiver sites for my client, the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services. I thought you and your readers might be interested to know about their online resource, Hospital Compare (www.hospitalcompare.hhs.gov). The site allows visitors to see how their local hospitals measure up in patient surveys and hospital-reporterd data.

This resource is especially important for readers caring for both children and aging parents. After all, how much do we really know about the hospitals we choose for our families, other than what doctors and friends tell us?

Thanks,

Jennifer, for CMS
202-585-2828

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:03 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home