Sometimes I Feel Like a Piece of Bologna

Monday, April 21, 2008

Gardening for us Old Folks

I love gardening. Spring is my favorite time of year, when I can get out and clean up from the winter and plant my veggies and flowers. I’ve been frustrated that our weather has been too cold and windy to get outside much. Unseasonably cold. So Saturday, the wind died down a little and I finally got out to do some weeding. Three hours of weeding… Problem is, I have a hip that wants to be replaced. Now, I’m really careful when I’m gardening, but apparently not careful enough. I ended up with terrible hip pain, which still hasn’t subsided. I can barely walk. It’s the worst pain I’ve experienced yet, and looks like I’m going to need that replacement after all. And then I read this article on Tips for Aging Gardeners. Too bad I didn’t read it Saturday morning!

Labels: ,

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home