Sometimes I Feel Like a Piece of Bologna

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Dad declining

Just a short post today. My step dad continues to decline. I talked to the doctor today and he says that Dad isn’t rallying enough to heal. His kidneys are failing and he has pneumonia. Mom seems to be holding up pretty well. I’ve talked to my sibs, who are covering the weekend. I’ll go over Monday for a few days. That will give Mom almost a week with family there. I do hope he can hang on until I get there. Meanwhile, we’ll have a few hours with the kids, who are expected to arrive tomorrow evening. We talked about meeting them at Mom and Dad’s but DS is fighting a cold and it would lengthen their trip. So the plan at this moment is to go on with our family plans for the holiday. Of course, that could change at any moment…

Labels: ,

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home