Sometimes I Feel Like a Piece of Bologna

Thursday, May 14, 2009

When I Grow Up…

You’ve got to see this lady! Ruth Seamands is the 92-year old mother of my friend, author Brandilyn Collins. When Ruth had to give up driving recently, she bought herself a red golf cart and had her own logo painted on it: Ruth’s Rocket. She uses it to get around her retirement community in style.

I met Ruth back in the early 90s when she would have been in her mid-70s. She was attending a writers’ conference where I was a speaker and she managed to keep up with the younger conferees, no problem. I’ve had the opportunity to visit with her a few times since, and always enjoy her. She’s optimistic. Active (does 30 minutes of stretches per day). Full of faith (a former missionary). Interested in life. And nothing keeps her down.

When I grow up, I want to be like Ruth!

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home