Sometimes I Feel Like a Piece of Bologna

Friday, January 11, 2008

Medicare Scam in Texas

According to the Tyler Post, there is a new Medicare scam in Texas. A person is calling claiming to be with Medicare and asking for personal numbers such as bank account numbers. Once again, let me encourage you to talk to your aging parents and remind them to NEVER give out personal or financial information on the telephone. They're often so lonely that they are an easy mark.

Labels: , ,

3 comment(s):

I get so angry when I hear our elders being targeted with scams.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:32 AM  

Lisa, I agree. And I feel helpless. It's like trying to give your kids a list of things they shouldn't do. Never works. We can eventually teach our kids to reason from principle, but our parents' reasoning ability seems to be decreasing rather than increasing, and there is no end to the creativity of the scammers. Maddening!

By Blogger Pat, at 10:36 AM  

Hi Pat! Thanks for making me aware of this. I stumbled across your site while looking for sandwhich generation information (I write for CareStation.AGIS.com). Would you be interested in writing a guest blog for us about sandwhich caregiving? Send me an email - blogmaster@terpin.com - Tabitha

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:34 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home