Sometimes I Feel Like a Piece of Bologna

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Gadgets can bring independence to seniors

ADT Security discusses several technological advances that can help seniors gain more independence, and give greater peace of mind to their adult children who live at a distance.

I want to check out some of them, despite the hefty price tags. I worry constantly about my mom falling at home, especially now that she’s there alone. And my step-dad has macular degeneration. He has a reader in his room, but that’s limited to flat photos and reading materials. How wonderful if he could read a menu or see scenery from a car.

I guess the good news is that by the time our generation needs this level of technology, the prices should fall. Meanwhile, perhaps we can find ways to get some of it for our parents. Peace of mind for everyone.

Labels: ,

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home