Sometimes I Feel Like a Piece of Bologna

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Alzheimer's Reading Room

I just ran across this wonderful resource for those dealing with Alzheimer's. It’s written by Robert T DeMarco, who defines himself as a Caregiver. His blog, which has a professional look about it, contains news, research, articles, information useful to family caregivers, and new developments in the search for a cure for Alzheimer's disease. Seems to have information for everyone. Check it out.

Labels: ,

1 comment(s):

Hi Pat,

It's so great to see blogs like yours--and Robert DeMarco's. Just a few years ago--when I was caring for my mom--there were no blogs, no daily or weekly thoughts. Not that I would have had the computer time or alert time to read them!

My mother was a handful, and caring for her and my two teenage daughters made me feel like most days, there just wasn't enough of "me" to go around.

I wrote every day. I wrote about being that "piece of bologna" in the middle--being crammed in between. I wrote the tears, fights, and insights I learned along the way. And even though it got really, really tough--I'm glad I did it.
I'm so glad blogs like yours are here--so no one feels quite so alone.

~Carol D. O'Dell
My book, MOTHERING MOTHER: A Daughter's Humorous and Heartbreaking Memoir is available on Amazon and in most bookstores.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:18 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home